SAFETY PRECAUTIONS, INSTRUCTIONS, TERMS and CONDITIONS of SERVICE AGREEMENT
All chemicals, but not limited to; pesticides, herbicides, rodenticides, insecticides used in the control of pests are registered and administered in line with the Farm and Feeds Agricultural Remedies and Stock remedies Act of 1947 (Act 36 of 1947)
These remedies contain chemicals and are toxic which can cause harm if accidental exposure should occur. Necessary precautions and care should be taken at all times when dealing with these chemicals. In the event of accidental exposure please contact the PCO or nearest doctor for advice.
• All persons, specifically including pregnant woman, elderly citizens, infants, babies, toddlers, young children and those with respiratory problems must vacate the areas to be treated for a minimum period of 3 to 4 hours.
• All pets to be removed from the areas to be treated
• All items, including but not limited to; foods, cutlery, crockery, toys, clothing, etc. to be removed from cupboards and drawers and placed in an area that will prevent any contamination to these items. The removal of these items will assist with a far more effective treatment.
• Windows and doors should be opened to provide effective ventilation to those areas being treated. Unless in the event of a fumigation taking place. You will be advised by the PCO.
• Please ensure there is easy access to the required areas to provide efficient and effective services.
• Any areas treated must be vacated and prevented from re-entering for a minimum of 3 to 4 hours.
• Any areas treated with spray, gels or baits must be left to ensure they provide the most effective action. Please do not clean or wash any areas treated as this will render the service ineffective and therefore null.
• Gels and bait/bait stations will be administered and placed in concealed and, where possibly, unreachable locations. Please do not tamper with, move, or clean any of these remedies.
• Food processing and working surfaces should be wiped/washed before using them.
• Items, including but not limited to; foods, cutlery, crockery, toys, utensils, clothing, etc. should be rinsed and wiped before use.
• Please follow recommendations to ensure the most effective treatment.
• Failure to follow the instructions, precautionary safety measure and recommendations will have an influence on the effectiveness of the services offered.
• Quotations are valid for a period of 30 days. Any payments on reoccurring service treatments will be paid by the 30th of each month. Failure to cancel any appointment within 24 hours, on any accepted verbal or written quote/invoices, will be charged for at the call out fee.
• Any areas that access is restricted to or if the PCO is unable to gain access will cause the service to be ineffective as per the required treatment and no claim shall be borne against Pest Guard for reoccurrence of infestation in those inaccessible areas. Pest Guard is not responsible for those areas in which the delivery of the service cannot be rendered due to the restriction of access.
• Pest Guard will not be liable for any death, injury, illness or loss to any person or animal caused by chemical use regardless of any negligence on the part of the contractor.
• Property and damages do not form part of the responsibility of Pest Guard. Pest Guard accepts no responsibility to damage or loss to any property, such as but not limited to, pipes, cabling, clothing, furniture, grounds, plants, etc. at the address where the service is to be carried out unless previous plans showing locations of such are provided and agreed to prior to any service delivery. Under no circumstances otherwise shall Pest Guard be liable for such damages.
• Pest Guard ensures the highest level of service delivery and in the event of an infestation reoccurring Pest Guard will review and inspect the reoccurrence and is limited to treating the areas that the infestation has reoccurred. The re-treatments are subject to inspection, reasonable notice from time of initial treatment of specifically treated areas and Pest Guard shall be allowed reasonable access to provide corrective action should it be required.
• Pest Guard agrees to provide the initial inspection and quotation thereafter. Any treatments provided are done so on a once off basis in order to bring the infestation under control and should not be construed as finality with regard to the eradication of the pest/s, unless follow up or contractual agreement is confirmed and in which a full IPM program is adopted. The periods for follow up or contractual agreements are based on nature of industry, size of property and the level of infestation. This will be advised and discussed post inspection and prior to any services delivered. Any treatments taking place outdoors that are exposed to weather conditions cannot be guaranteed unless otherwise stated at time of quotation.